- Priority is given to in-state affiliated universities.
- North Carolina non-affiliated and out-of-state students will be housed on a space available basis, and maybe subject to cancellation due to in-state (affiliated) student demand.
- All requests must be made 30 days prior to start of rotation.
- If your permanent home address is within 40 miles of your rotation, you are not eligible for Charlotte AHEC housing.
The Charlotte AHEC offers housing to health science students doing their rotations in Charlotte and the surrounding counties. Housing is provided at Eastover Ridge Apartments. Four students are assigned to one apartment. Charlotte apartments are not co-ed.
Space is limited for out-of-state students.
View photos of the Eastover Ridge Apartments!
When AHEC housing is available, students are requested to use this lodging. Students choosing not to utilize available AHEC housing are then responsible for securing and paying for their own lodging.
Students from the following schools are considered in-state affiliated:
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- University of North Carolina at Charlotte
- University of North Carolina at Greensboro
- University of North Carolina at Wilmington
- Duke University
- East Carolina University
- Winston-Salem State University
- Western Carolina University
- Wake Forest University
Application for Housing
You should submit an application as soon as your rotation dates are confirmed. Making reservations early is advised for all students. In order to request housing, please go to MyAHEC to fill out the housing form. If this is the first time that you have requested housing, you will be instructed on how to create an account with MyAHEC.
For more housing information, please email Renee Leonard or call 704.512.6630.