Practice Support Services
Helping You Meet the Challenges!
Incentives to support transformation of primary and specialty care practices continue to emerge. While you likely want to pursue one or more proven, practice-based strategies to improve care, demands on your time and energy are increasing exponentially. The Charlotte Area Health Education Center (AHEC) Practice Support Services team assists eligible providers and practices throughout Anson, Cabarrus, Cleveland, Gaston, Lincoln, Mecklenburg, Stanly and Union counties.
With emerging new models of care delivery and payments that base compensation on outcomes, our practice support consultants can help you maximize incentives and avoid payment adjustments. The support team works with practices at all stages in the electronic health record process, from system adoption to implementation. Our team will help you understand requirements to qualify for meaningful use incentives. Quality improvement services include proven tools, techniques and strategies for practice transformation.
As a Regional Extension Center (REC), Charlotte AHEC is able to provide these direct, individualized and on-site services at no cost.
Services available to primary and specialty care practices with one or more eligible providers include, but are not limited to:
Electronic Health Records (EHR) Incentive Program/Meaningful Use
- Selection, implementation and optimization of your certified electronic health record (EHR)
- Guidance in understanding federal/state meaningful use requirements to help you qualify for program incentives
- Help the practice to maximize the EHR as a tool to improve care and satisfaction for you, your patients and care team
Quality Improvement/Practice Transformation
- Enhance Practice Workflows and Redesign Systems
- Population Health and Chronic Disease Management
- On-Site Improvement Training and Coaching
- Implementation of Team-Based Care
- Develop patient self-management tools and training
- Meeting requirements of Maintenance of Certification (MOC IV)
- Recognition programs like NCQA's Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH) and other payer-based programs (PQRS, BQPP)
Click here to apply for practice support services!
- NC Area Health Education Center – http://www.med.unc.edu/ahec/
- AHEC Quality Source – http://www.ahecqualitysource.com/
- Regional Extension Center – http://www.healthit.gov/providers-professionals/regional-extension-centers-recs