*Registration payment includes Credit Cards and Interfund Transfers ONLY.
Nurses, Care Managers, Case Managers, Social Workers, Clergy, Nurse Practitioners, and other healthcare professionals who assist with Advanced Care Planning.
This workshop is now being offered as a Live Webinar only.
This workshop is jointly provided by Charlotte AHEC Nursing Education and Your Care-Your Choice, a department of Atrium Health.
PRE-REQUISITE: Participants must complete the 3.25 hour Respecting Choices ACP Core Curriculum Course prior to attending this course.
Respecting Choices Core Curriculum, November 16, 2022
Follow this link to register for the Respecting Choices Core Curriculum
*Registration fees include access digital course materials and the live webinar workshop.
** PLEASE NOTE: Respecting Choices First Steps and Advanced Steps Facilitator Courses may be taken in any order.
"First Steps® ACP Facilitator Certification" training is designed to help participants learn the skills needed to facilitate foundational (i.e., First Steps) ACP discussions with any adult.
Because Advance Care Planning (ACP) is not a "one size fits all" discussion, ACP facilitators are needed to have discussions with patients at different stages of health and in different venues of care. ACP facilitators add value to an organization and community and are central to any program’s success. The value of the facilitator role is demonstrated through:
• Timely and appropriate referrals for advance care planning services
• The informed decisions patients and families are assisted in making
• The overwhelmingly positive patient and family satisfaction with this service
• Professional competence and confidence in providing skilled facilitation and delivering care that is consistent with a patient’s goals, values and beliefs
1. Completion of Respecting Choice ACP Core Curriculum Course
2. Completion of the Respecting Choices First Steps® ACP Facilitator Online Modules (1-4);
3. Complete “practice” Advance Directive document; submit to Instructor for review (this will be returned to participant);
4. Review the Advance Directive document appropriate for your organization/community
Respecting Choices is a division of C-TAC Innovations.
The term “certification,” as used in Respecting Choices educational programs and products, means that Respecting Choices issues a certificate upon fulfillment of the
1) completion of a specified Respecting Choices educational program with standardized content
2) successful demonstration of skills associated with the specified program; and
Live Webinar Information
This Live Webinar will be broadcast with Zoom. Instructions to join the Live Webinar will be emailed prior to the event. You can test your computer by going to the Zoom Test Page
Registering for and attending a Charlotte AHEC program authorizes Charlotte AHEC to take audio, video, and/or still images to be used for promotional and educational purposes. If you have concerns, please speak with a Charlotte AHEC team member.
This project is/was supported by funds from the Bureau of Health Professions (BHPr), Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA), Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) under grant number U1QHP28734, Carolina Geriatric Workforce Enhancement Program. This information or content and conclusions are those of the author and should not be construed as the official position or policy of, nor should any endorsements be inferred by the BHPr, HRSA, DHHS or the U.S. Government.”
“The UNC Center for Aging and Health, Carolina Geriatric Workforce Enhancement Program also provided support."
Kimberly Schnitzler MSN, RN, 704 512 2321