*Registration payment includes Credit Cards and Interfund Transfers ONLY.
Case managers, social workers, psychologists, psychiatrists, licensed professional counselors, educators, school personnel, mental health professionals, clergy, clinicians, nurses, health and human service practitioners, parents, and other interested persons and health care professionals.
With over 10 years of experience in counter human trafficking efforts, Mark Blackwell, the Executive Director of Justice Ministries will share about the fight against human trafficking in the Carolinas. There will also be time for open discussion and Q & A from participants.
Executive Director, Justice Ministries
Credit will be given by session! Earn up to 3 hours!
Overview of Human Trafficking Series
The fee for this course covers all topics - feel free to attend some or all!
Each topic will be from 12:00pm - 1:00pm on the scheduled day and qualifies for 1 hour of continuing education credit.
April 12th - What is human trafficking.
April 19th - Potential points of intersection with service providers.
April 26th - What you can do to help.
Details of Human Trafficking Series
April 12th - What is human trafficking
- Human trafficking defined
- Types of human trafficking
- Domestic sex trafficking and sexual exploitation
- Unique risk of trafficking for migrant populations
- Justice Ministries response
April 19th - Potential points of intersection with service providers
- Common points of intersection for survivors
- Signs to look for as a service provider
- How to respond, who to contact
- Resources for trafficking survivors
- Where we need to improve
April 26th - What you can do to help
- Educating yourself and your team
- Recommend trainings and resources
- Trauma informed response
- How to be a force multiplier for direct service providers
- How to advocate for a survivor
Live Webinar Information
This Live Webinar will be broadcast with Zoom. Instructions to join the Live Webinar will be emailed prior to the event.
Continuing Education Credit will be given per day. MUST attend the entire day's training to receive credit.
• Contact Hours / Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
• Public School Personnel Renewal Credit
• Contact Hours (Category A) NC Psychologists - Charlotte AHEC is an approved provider by the North Carolina Psychology Board and designates Contact Hours (Category A) for NC Psychologists.
• Clock Hours NBCC -
Charlotte AHEC has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 5096. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. Charlotte AHEC is solely responsible for all aspects of the program.