- Status Open
- Date(s) Apr 18, 2017
- Time6:30 PM - 8:30 PM
- Location Charlotte AHEC
- $65.00 ONSITE: pre-registration fee before April 12, 2017.
- $65.00 WEBINAR: pre-registration fee before April 12, 2017.
Declaring War on Drugs: The Art of 'Deprescribing' in the Older Population
*Registration payment includes Credit Cards and Interfund Transfers ONLY.
INSTRUCTOR WILL PRESENT REMOTELY. Onsite attendees will view this program from a screen in the AHEC Conference Room.
This knowledge-based CPE activity will explore the harms of polypharmacy and overmedication in older adults and a possible approach to “deprescribing” by eliminating unnecessary medications and streamlining medication regimens to align with patient-specific goals of care.
Participants who are interested in taking this workshop as a webinar, please go to our webinar requirements page for more information and to test your computer and network your computer will be on prior to the class.
This project is/was supported by funds from the Bureau of Health Professions (BHPr), Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA), Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) under grant number U1QHP28734, Carolina Geriatric Workforce Enhancement Program. This information or content and conclusions are those of the author and should not be construed as the official position or policy of, nor should any endorsements be inferred by the BHPr, HRSA, DHHS or the U.S. Government.”
“The UNC Center for Aging and Health, Carolina Geriatric Workforce Enhancement Program also provided support."
- Define and identify risks posed by polypharmacy, particularly in older adults.
- Explain benefits of reducing polypharmacy.
- Describe a rational approach to deprescribing.
- Identify target drugs for deprescribing and develop a regimen for discontinuation, using a patient case.
- Sarah M Ashcraft, BA, 704 355-3873
Apr 18, 2017
6:30 PM - 8:30 PM
|Open Declaring War on Drugs: The Art of 'Deprescribing'|