- Status Open
- Date(s) Apr 25, 2017
- Time9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Location Charlotte AHEC
- RoomClassroom 14
- Registration is Closed
- $180.00 Registration fee beginning April 18, 2017. Breakfast and lunch included.
- 5.60ACHE Qualified Education
- 5.60Contact Hours
Conflict Competent Organizations
*Registration payment includes Credit Cards and Interfund Transfers ONLY.
Leaders/managers/supervisors/team leads, health/human service professionals, anyone aspiring to develop critical leadership skills needed at every level.
This seminar underscores the importance for leaders to develop the critical skills they need to help them, their colleagues, and their organizations deal more effectively with conflict and move their organizations forward. We examine the importance of developing the competence of leaders to deal with this inevitable part of work life. We review the costs of managing conflict poorly and the benefits of dealing with it effectively. Most importantly, we will look at the cognitive, emotional, behavioral, and normative skills that need to be employed to help people become competent in getting the best out of conflict while at the same time avoiding its most challenging aspects.
Michael Frisina, PhD
- Identify “fight or flight” responses when it comes to conflict
- Develop the ability to handle conflict in a constructive manner
- Identify the cause and the remedy for closing the gap between consistent leadership behavior and sustained organizational performance
- Kandyce Schofield, BA, 704-512-3459
Apr 25, 2017
9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
|Open Conflict Competent Organizations|