- Status Closed
- Date(s) Apr 4, 2014
- Time8:30 AM - 4:00 PM
- Location Embassy Suites Hotel
- Registration is Closed
- $140.00 Registration Fee; Breakfast and Lunch Provided
- 6.00CHES - CECH
- 6.00Contact Hours (category A) CE for NC Psychologists
2014 Charlotte AHEC Human Trafficking Conference ***LOCATION: EMBASSY SUITES CHARLOTTE - CONCORD***
*Registration payment includes Credit Cards and Interfund Transfers ONLY.
Case managers, social workers, psychologists, psychiatrists, law enforcement, nurses, licensed professional counselors, health and human service practitioners, lawyers, legal advocates, faith-based and community personnel, other interested healthcare professionals.
Did you know:
• That Charlotte is one of the Top 10 cities in the nation for human trafficking?
• That human trafficking is one of the world's most profitable and fastest growing criminal enterprises?
• It is estimated that an average of 16,000 individuals are trafficked across US borders each year and nearly 25% of these victims end up in the Southeast, including North Carolina.
As a participant of the 2014 Charlotte AHEC Human Trafficking Conference, you will:
• Gain an understanding of the reality of human trafficking.
• Develop ways in which YOU can work with others to effectively utilize community resources and agencies to combat this crime.
• Hear a variety of presenters who will share their compelling experience – from being involved in human trafficking, both past promoters and victims, to learning best practices within the advocates’ particular area of expertise.
• Recognize the role YOU can play in helping victims in the community be restored and healed, and lessening the power of the consumer.
•Mark Blackwell, Justice Ministries
•Timon Dawson, Compassion To Act – Ohio
•Aimee Johnson, Rise Up Ministries
•Juanita Miller, Retired FBI
•Jillian Mourning, All We Want Is Love
•John C. Pace, Jr., World-Class Events Management
•Rachel Parker, World Relief
•Matthew Phillips, PhD, UNC Charlotte Department of Criminal Justice & Criminology
0.6 CEUs/6.0 Contact Hours/6.0 NBCC
The North Carolina AHEC Program is a designated provider of continuing education contact hours (CECH) in health education by the National Commission for Health Education Credentialing, Inc. An application has been submitted for the Certified Health Education Specialists (CHES) and/or Master Certified Health Education Specialists (MCHES) to potentially receive up to 6.0 hours total Category I continuing education contact hours.
Embassy Suites Charlotte - Concord
5400 John Q Hammons Drive Northwest
Concord, North Carolina 28027
Click here for directions to the Embassy Suites Charlotte - Concord
Click here to download the SPONSOR / EXHIBITOR FORMS
Check out this interesting video on Human Trafficking:
- • Train different groups or individuals on how to identify and respond to human trafficking cases.
- • Share experiences in the human trafficking field, as well as best practices within each particular area of expertise.
- • Have an understanding of what human trafficking is and what role you can play in helping victims in your local community to be restored and healed.
- • Develop ways in which groups and individuals can work together to efficiently utilize the resources and agencies in the Charlotte and surrounding areas to combat human trafficking.
- • Lessen the power of the consumer.
- Rebekah S Law, 704-512-6054
Apr 4, 2014
8:30 AM - 4:00 PM
|Open 2014 Charlotte AHEC Human Trafficking Conference|