- Status Open
- Date(s) Jan 30, 2013
- Time4:00 PM - 7:15 PM
- Location Charlotte AHEC
- RoomClassroom 19
- Registration is Closed
- $115.00 AIRPORT TRAINING CENTER: Registration (January 23 & later); dinner provided
- 3.00Contact Hours
Rehabilitation in Multiple Sclerosis: Strategies for Physical and Occupational Therapists
*Registration payment includes Credit Cards and Interfund Transfers ONLY.
Physical Therapists & Physical Therapy Assistants; Occupational Therapists and Occupational Therapy Assistants
This program will address two important concepts in rehabilitation along with valuable information about multiple sclerosis and managing it. The first is the importance of research and the need for evidence-based practice in rehabilitation. The second is the more formal use of the World Health Organization’s ICF (International Classification of Function and Disability) as a framework for examining MS and its impact on body functions and structures, activities and participation, and a person’s interaction with the environment.
• Discuss MS, including disease course classification, treatment strategies and the
unique challenges of working with patients with MS
• Identify and apply appropriate rehabilitation assessment tools and methods
• Develop – in collaboration with the patient, family and other healthcare team members – realistic rehabilitation goals for patients presenting with a wide range of functional problems
• Apply appropriate rehabilitation interventions including exercise programs, assistive devices and adaptive strategies
• Refer healthcare professionals and people with MS to community-based resources and relevant publications
Charlotte AHEC, as part of the NC AHEC system, is an approved provider by the North Carolina Board of Physical Therapy Examiners with regard to activities directly related to physical therapy for continued competence.
- Christina P Fisher, 704-512-6556
Jan 30, 2013
4:00 PM - 7:15 PM
|OpenAIRPORT TRAINING CENTER: Rehabilitation in Multiple Sclerosis Strategies for Physical and Occupational Therapists|