- Status Closed
- Date(s) Sep 14, 2011 - Mar 31, 2012
- Location Charlotte AHEC eLink
- Registration is Closed
- $75.00 registration fee
- 3.00Contact Hours
- eLearning - Dental Anatomy and Terminology - *Pre-requisite for Intraoral Radiography for the Office Trained Assistant*
- **FILLED** Intraoral Radiography for the Office Trained Dental Assistant **Pre-requisite: eLearning - Dental Anatomy and Terminology
- eLearning - Dental Management of the Diabetic Patient
eLearning - Medical Emergencies in the Dental Office
*Registration payment includes Credit Cards and Interfund Transfers ONLY.
Dentists, Hygienists, Dental Assistants, Office Staff and all other interested dental professionals
This course fulfills the 3-hour dental office emergencies course requirement for DA II status.
PLEASE NOTE: THE LAST DAY TO COMPLETE THIS ONLINE WORKSHOP IS WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 31ST, 2012.
Ongoing, self-paced program
Location: Charlotte AHEC Connect (Online Course)
Medical emergencies can occur at any time in the dental office. This course will give members of the dental team the knowledge and ability to prepare and manage various medical emergencies. This interactive course reviews the importance of maintaining up-to-date patient medical histories, learning the signs and symptoms of medical emergencies and becoming aware of the types of medical emergency equipment and medications. A flowchart will be created that can be adapted to each dental office, and various emergency scenarios will be reviewed in detail as to ascertain each dental team member’s specific role.
• Explain the importance of maintaining updated patient medical histories
• Learn the required contents of an emergency kit
• Describe the types of medical emergencies and list necessary care
• Identify high-risk dental patients
• Review the procedures necessary in obtaining vital signs
• Recognize various signs and symptoms of pending medical emergencies
• Demonstrate the sequence of patient assessment and care during a medical emergency
• Discuss legal implications of a medical emergency in a dental office
Karen Schwabenlender, RDH, BS
Ms. Schwabenlender has been very active in the Charlotte Metrolina Dental Hygiene Society and the NC Dental Hygiene Association holding offices in each organization. She has written multiple book reviews published in The Journal of Dental Hygiene. She teaches dental courses in radiology, coronal polishing, medical emergencies, infection control, and dental anatomy and terminology.
- • Describe possible medical emergency actions and measures for prevention
- • Link emergency signs and symptoms to affected organ system
- • Identify intervention techniques for the office medical emergencies
- • List the emergency supplies and equipment that should be available in the dental office
- Alison R Rogers, 704-512-6811
Sep 14, 2011 -
Mar 31, 2012
9:00 AM - 11:55 PM
|Open Medical Emergencies in the Dental Office|