Certified Professional in Healthcare Quality (CPHQ) Review Course
Share This Event
*Registration payment includes Credit Cards and Interfund Transfers ONLY.
This is a review course for healthcare quality professionals who are preparing for the Certified Professional in Healthcare Quality (CPHQ) exam or who want to expand their existing quality management skills.
This program will provide an excellent review for healthcare quality professionals who are preparing for the Certified Professional in Healthcare Quality (CPHQ) exam or who want to expand their existing quality management skills. Please visit National Association of Healthcare Quality website to learn more about the CPHQ Exam
April 20: 8:00 am - 12:45 pm
April 21: 8:00 am - 12:45 pm
April 22: 8:00 am - 12:45 pm
Michelle Franklin, BSN, CPHQ
Live Webinar Information
This webinar will be broadcast with Zoom. Instructions to join the webinar will be emailed prior to the event. Please go to our live webinar requirements page for more information and to test the computer/device and network prior to the event.
*Registering for and attending a Charlotte AHEC program authorizes Charlotte AHEC to take audio, video, and/or still images to be used for promotional and educational purposes. If you have concerns, please speak with a Charlotte AHEC team member.
- Discuss the structure and process for the CPHQ exam and identify test taking tips.
- Identify how quality and safety activities align with organizational strategic priorities.
- Describe the development of the quality structure e.g., committees, councils, etc.
- Review the role of quality to support the organization with credentialing and privileging of medical staff and oversight of the quality program.
- Recognize accreditation, certification, and recognition programs and describe how these activities provide quality of care oversight.
- Assess performance improvement training and its effectiveness.
- Explain confidentiality and the impact on quality and performance improvement reports.
- Compare data collection tools, techniques and sampling methodology.
- Identify tools used to display data or evaluate a process (e.g., Pareto chart, run chart, scattergram, control chart).
- Identify statistic and statistical tools used to describe data.
- Determine how to collect, interpret and use data.
- Discuss development of action plans or performance improvement projects, how to establish priorities and how to determine opportunities for improvement.
- Describe the steps in establishing performance improvement teams and evaluating the success of improvement projects.
- Recognize the importance of organizational culture and the role it plays in an organization’s culture of safety.
- Define Risk Management and identify risk management activities.
- Review safety principles.
- Compare patient safety and risk management activities.
Apr 20 -
8:00 AM - 12:45 PM
- Apr 20 - 22, 2021
- Check-In Time
1.35 - CEU
13.50 - Contact Hours
Apr 20 - 22, 2021
- Charlotte AHEC
- Live Webinar
- Pre-Registration (before April 12).
- Registration Fee (beginning April 12).
- Contact Hours