*Registration payment includes Credit Cards and Interfund Transfers ONLY.
Nurses, Care Managers, Case Managers, Social Workers, Clergy, Nurse Practitioners, and other healthcare professionals who assist with Advanced Care Planning.
Sorry we miss you! Another Respecting Choices First Steps® Advanced Care Planning (ACP) Facilitator Certification Course is scheduled for November 18,2020.
This workshop is jointly provided by Charlotte AHEC Nursing Education and Your Care, Your Choice.
Live Webinar Information
This Live Webinar will be broadcast with Zoom. Instructions to join the Live Webinar will be emailed prior to the event. You can test your computer by going to the Zoom Test Page
"First Steps® ACP Facilitator Certification" training is designed to help participants learn the skills needed to facilitate foundational (i.e., First Steps) ACP discussions with any adult.
Because Advance Care Planning (ACP) is not a "one size fits all" discussion, ACP facilitators are needed to have discussions with patients at different stages of health and in different venues of care. ACP facilitators add value to an organization and community and are central to any program’s success. The value of the facilitator role is demonstrated through:
• Timely and appropriate referrals for advance care planning services
• The informed decisions patients and families are assisted in making
• The overwhelmingly positive patient and family satisfaction with this service
• Professional competence and confidence in providing skilled facilitation and delivering care that is consistent with a patient’s goals, values and beliefs
1. Complete the Respecting Choices First Steps® ACP Facilitator Online Core Curriculum*;
2. Complete “practice” Advance Directive document; submit to Instructor for review (this will be returned to participant);
3. Attempt to have an ACP conversation with a loved one or close friend. You will be asked to share what you learned from this personal exercise.
*Registration fees include the required online curriculum, as well as the on-site workshop.
Upon completion of registration, participants will receive a "key" to access the online curriculum.
If you have taken Respecting Choices Last Steps or Advanced Steps within the last 2 years, please contact Katie Fitzpatrick 704-512-6579 or special pricing.
Respecting Choices is a division of C-TAC Innovations.
The term “certification,” as used in Respecting Choices educational programs and products, means that Respecting Choices issues a certificate upon fulfillment of the
1) completion of a specified Respecting Choices educational program with standardized content
2) successful demonstration of skills associated with the specified program; and
3) if applicable, an 80 percent or higher score on a written examination associated with the specified program.
This project is supported by funds from the Bureau of Health Professions (BHPr), Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA), Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) under grant number # 2U1QHP28734 Carolina Geriatric Workforce Enhancement Program. This information or content and conclusions are those of the author and should not be construed as the official position or policy of, nor should any endorsements be inferred by the BHPr, HRSA, DHHS or the U.S. Government.
The UNC Center for Aging and Health, Carolina Geriatric Education Center also provided support for this activity.