Cardiac Vascular Nursing Certification Preparation Course
Share This Event
*Registration payment includes Credit Cards and Interfund Transfers ONLY.
Cardiac and vascular nurses preparing to take the ANCC’s
Cardiac Vascular Nurse certification exam
Nurses who are preparing to take the Cardiac Vascular Nursing Certification Exam, or those who would like a detailed overview of cardiac vascular nursing care, will benefit from this workshop. Content will include the blueprint of the exam contents, including key cardiac and vascular topics. Learners will be able to use the study guides provided by the instructor and incorporate into their study plan to prepare for nursing certification.
Day 1 - October 7, 2019 8:00 - 4:00 pm
Day 2 - October 8, 2019 8:00 - 2:00 pm
The goal of this program is to provide nurses with basic knowledge of key cardiac and vascular topics that are covered in the Cardiac Vascular Nurse certification.
Please review the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s (ANCC’s) website at www.nursecredentialing.org for examination requirements and application. Click here to view the ANCC certification requirements
Attendees are strongly encouraged to purchase the Cardiac Vascular Nursing Review and Resource Manual, 4th Edition to prepare for this course and the certification exam, which is also available at the ANCC website.
L. Beth Sossoman, RN-BC, MSN, ACNP-BC, CPHQ
- Review structure and domains of practice covered in the Cardiac Vascular Nurse Certification examination.
- Define relevant anatomy and physiology and physical exam for vascular arterial and venous conditions.
- Review pertinent cardiac anatomy, physiology, and physical examination.
- Outline key nursing diagnoses relevant to cardiac and vascular disease processes
- Formulate individualized plans of care for common cardiac and vascular conditions.
- Discuss relevant cardiac/vascular practice guidelines that impact care.
- Outline pharmacology agents commonly used in cardiac/vascular patients.
- Define components in patient education for the cardiac/vascular patients
- Discuss professional development of the Cardiac Vascular Nurse.
- Discuss test-taking strategies in preparation for the Cardiac Vascular Nurse Certification Exam
Laura M Magennis, DNP MSN RNC-OB RN-BC
Oct 7 -
8:00 AM - 4:30 PM
- Leslie B Sossoman, MSN, ACNP-BC
- Oct 7 - 8, 2019
- Check-In Time
11.50 - CNE Contact Hours
Oct 7 - 8, 2019
- Classroom 17/18
- Pre-Registration (before 9/23; Lunch Provided on Day 1; Boxed lunch provided on Day 2; Handouts Provided