*Registration payment includes Credit Cards and Interfund Transfers ONLY.
CMOs, CEOs, CNOs, Department Managers, Clinical Supervisors, Accreditation Coordinators, Quality Personnel, Infection Prevention, Facility Safety Officers, Facilities Management, Patient Safety Coordinators, and Emergency Management Personnel
This one-day conference will provide updates on requirements for both The Joint Commission and The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services. Topics will focus around new requirements, challenging standards, challenging conditions of participation and surveyor focus areas.
A room block has been placed at Country Inn & Suites. To reserve a room please call 704-793-6777.
Mark A. Crafton, MPA, MT(ASCP)
Executive Director, Communications and External Relations
Division of Business Development, Government & External Relations
The Joint Commission
Michelle McDonald, RN, MPH, CJCP
Government Regulations & Advisory Services
Lean Six Sigma Certified Yellow Belt
Joint Commission Resources
• Top findings from Joint Commission and strategies for Compliance
• Top findings from CMS and strategies for Compliance
• The effect of the proposed federal budget on healthcare facilities
• Most recent focus areas of surveyors
This conference is jointly provided by Charlotte AHEC and CHS Accreditation Department
• 6.0 Continuing Nursing Education (CNE) Contact Hours
Charlotte AHEC is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the North Carolina Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
• 6.0 ACHE Qualified Education Hours
The Charlotte AHEC is authorized to award 6.5 hours of pre-approved ACHE Qualified Education continuing education credit for this program toward advancement, or recertification in the American College of Healthcare Executives. Participants in this program wishing to have the continuing education hours applied toward ACHE Qualified Education credit should indicate their attendance when submitting application to the American College of Healthcare Executives for advancement or recertification.
• 6.0 Contact Hours / 0.6 Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
• This program has been approved by the National Association for Healthcare Quality for 6 CPHQ continuing education hours.
A Hotel Room Block has been placed at the Country Inn and Suites
580 Dickens Place NE, Concord, NC 28025 | 704-793-6777
A rate of $97.00 will be available on a first come first served basis until Monday, September 11, 2017. Please contact the hotel directly in order to book your room if needed. Please reference the Carolina Accreditation Update room block.
* Hotel registration is not included in conference registration.
* Conference registration fee includes light breakfast & lunch.
* Free Parking at The Laureate Center.
If you need any auxiliary aids or services identified in the American with Disabilities Act in order to attend this conference, please call Jessica Dietrich at 704.512.6519 or by email at Jessica.Dietrich@carolinashealthcare.org.
• A non-negotiable processing fee of $25 will be charged to the participant for issuing a refund more than 2 weeks in advance.
• No refunds will be given for individuals who cancel between 2-weeks and up the date of the program. Substitutes are welcome.