The 23rd Annual Procrastinators Marathon: Hot Topic Updates
Share This Event
*Registration payment includes Credit Cards and Interfund Transfers ONLY.
This program is a live webinar only.
This knowledge-based CPE activity will provide the healthcare professional with current and emerging evidence-based updates to help ensure best practices, minimize preventable healthcare related cost, and provide optimal patient care. Focused topic discussions will include updates in many areas including COVID19 updates, infectious diseases, diabetes, cardiology, neurology, oncology.
This program is still being planned so check back for more updates.
Renee Ackley, PharmD
Meghan Bryan, PharmD BCPS
Jonathan Cicci, PharmD, BCPS
Donnie Nuzum, PharmD, BCACP, BC-ADM, CDE, CPP,
Jolynn Sessions, PharmD
Stephanie Welch, PharmD
Dennis Williams, PharmD, BCPS, AE-C
Live Webinar Information
This webinar will be broadcast with Zoom. Instructions to join the webinar will be emailed prior to the event. Please go to our live webinar requirements page for more information and to test the computer/device and network prior to the event.
This activity is eligible for ACPE credit, which will be applied for through the UNC Eshelman School of Pharmacy, a continuing education provider accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education
- Translate the evidence regarding the role of antiviral and other therapeutic agents in managing SARS-CoV-2 infection
- Discuss the role of pharmacists in helping patients reduce the risks associated with the COVID-19 pandemic
- Describe the history, progression and impact of the COVID-19 pandemic (Williams)
- Identify an optimal medication regimen for patients with heart failure using recent literature of sodium-glucose transport protein 2 inhibitors (SGLT2i)
- Recall first-line and alternative antiretroviral therapies (ART)
- Select an optimal lipid-lowering therapy a patient with established ASCVD and elevated triglycerides using recent omega-3 fatty acid literature (CICCI)
- Summarize new guideline directives around different neurologic conditions
- Identify common ART pharmacist interventions in the inpatient setting
- Describe pharmacist ART management and services in the outpatient setting
- Identify new pharmacologic agents in neurology
- Explain new research and ongoing studies in the field of neurology
- Review current systemic treatment options for HCC.
- Outline a monitoring plan for a patient on an oral kinase inhibitor for HCC
- Select drug therapy options in the second-line setting based on patient characteristics with advanced HCC.
Sarah M Ashcraft, BA
Nov 9, 2020
9:00 AM - 4:30 PM
- Renee Ackley, PharmD,Dr. Jonathan Cicci, PharmD, BCPS,Dr. Meghan Galloway, PharmD,Dr. Donald Nuzum, PharmD, BCACP, BC-ADM, CD, Jolynn Sessions, PharmD,Dr. Stephanie Welch, PharmD,Dr. Dennis M Williams, PharmD, BCPS, AE-C
- Nov 9, 2020
- 9:00 AM - 4:30 PM
- Check-In Time
6.00 - Contact Hours
6.00 - ACPE
- ONLINE WEB WORKSHOP PARTICIPANTS: Instructions for online access for this program will be emailed to you a few days before the program.
Nov 9, 2020
- 9:00 AM - 4:30 PM
- Charlotte AHEC
- Live Webinar
- Pre-registration fee before November 3, 2020
- Contact Hours