Charlotte AHEC Policies
- • Refunds are subject to a $25 cancellation fee.
- • Registrants canceling between 2 weeks and up to 48 hours prior to the workshop will receive a 70% refund (minimum $25).
- • No refunds or credits will be given for cancellations received less than 48 hours prior to the workshop.
- • No refunds or credits will be given for no-shows.
- • Substitutes are welcome (please notify us in advance of the workshop).
- • Cancellations MUST be made in writing (fax, mail, or email).
Certificates, Reprints and Transcripts
Continuing Education certificates are made available at the end of each workshop upon receipt of full payment and full attendance. Transcripts summarizing classes attended cost $15 or you may create an account at my.ncahec.net to access your CE Record at no cost. Completion of workshop evaluation forms is required. Each reprint of a certificate is $15.
Inclement Weather Policy
Participants may call Charlotte AHEC's main number (704.512.6523) for a recorded message to verify workshop status during inclement weather. Charlotte AHEC follows the Charlotte-Mecklenburg School System cancellation schedule
NOTICE: For additional important information, please read about safe surfing from OnGuard Online.
- This policy covers how Charlotte AHEC treats personal information that Charlotte AHEC collects and receives, including information related to your past use of Charlotte AHEC services. Personal information is information about you that is personally identifiable like your name, address, email address, or phone number, and that is not otherwise publicly available.
- This policy does not apply to the practices of companies that Charlotte AHEC does not own or control, or to people that Charlotte AHEC does not employ or manage. Certain Charlotte AHEC associated companies and organizations such as Carolinas HealthCare System have their own privacy statements. Additionally, Charlotte AHEC is a regional center of North Carolina AHEC, and as such, shares your information with the administrative office.
Information Collection and Use
- Charlotte AHEC collects personal information when you register with Charlotte AHEC, when you use Charlotte AHEC services or products, and when you visit Charlotte AHEC pages. Charlotte AHEC may combine information about you that we have with information we obtain from EEDS and North Carolina AHEC.
- When you register, we ask for information such as your name, address, email address, birth date, gender, occupation, industry, the last four digits of your Social Security number, and professional interests. Once you register with Charlotte AHEC and sign in to our services, you are not anonymous to us.
- Charlotte AHEC collects information about your transactions with us and with some of our organizational partners, including information about your use of services and products that we offer.
- Charlotte AHEC automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser, including your IP address, Charlotte AHEC cookie information, and the page you request.
- Charlotte AHEC uses information for the following general purposes: to customize the content you see, fulfill your requests for services and products, improve our services, contact you, conduct research, and provide anonymous reporting for internal and external clients.
- Charlotte AHEC does not ask a child under age 18 for more personal information, as a condition of participation, than is reasonably necessary to participate in a given activity, e.g. the Health Careers' application process.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
- Charlotte AHEC does not rent, sell, or share personal information about you with other people or nonaffiliated organizations except to provide services or products you have requested, when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances:
- We may provide your information to trusted partners who work on behalf of or with Charlotte AHEC under confidentiality agreements. These organizations may use your personal information to help Charlotte AHEC communicate with you about services and products from Charlotte AHEC. However, these partners do not have any independent right to share this information.
- We respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
- Charlotte AHEC may set and access Charlotte AHEC cookies on your computer.
- Charlotte AHEC may use web beacons to access Charlotte AHEC cookies inside and outside our network of web sites and in connection with Charlotte AHEC services and products.
Your Ability to Edit and Delete Your Account Information and Preferences
- You can edit your Charlotte AHEC Account Information, including your marketing preferences, at any time.
- New categories of marketing communications may be added from time to time. You can opt out of receiving future marketing communications from these new categories or you can unsubscribe by following instructions contained in the messages you receive.
- We reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to Charlotte AHEC services and programs, such as service announcements, administrative messages and the Charlotte AHEC brochure, that are considered part of your Charlotte AHEC account, without offering you the opportunity to opt-out of receiving them.
Confidentiality and Security
- We limit access to personal information about you to employees whom we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information in order to provide services or products to you or in order to do their jobs.
- We have physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect personal information about you.
- Charlotte AHEC transactions are protected by VeriSign. VeriSign security applies to the Login and Registration areas under the charlotteahec.org domain.
- Charlotte AHEC may update this policy. We will notify you about significant changes in the way we treat personal information by sending a notice to the primary email address specified in your Charlotte AHEC account or by placing a prominent notice on our site.
Questions and Suggestions
If you have questions or suggestions, please contact us at:
- Charlotte AHEC
- Administrative Offices
- 5039 Airport Center Parkway
- Building K
- Charlotte, NC 28208-5885
Effective Date: December 28, 2004