- Status Open
- Date(s) May 4, 2013
- Time8:00 AM - 4:30 PM
- Location The Carolina Inn
- Registration is Closed
- $300.00 Practicing Pathologists
- $150.00 Pathologists in Training
- $350.00 Practicing Pathologists + 1 Dinner Registration
- $400.00 Practicing Pathologists + 2 Dinner Registrations
- $200.00 Pathologists in Training + 1 Dinner Registration
- $250.00 Pathologists in Training + 2 Dinner Registrations
- 6.25AMA PRA Category 1 Credit
Practical Updates in Surgical Pathology and Cytopathology presented by The Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill School of Medicine
*Registration payment includes Credit Cards and Interfund Transfers ONLY.
Pathology and Laboratory Medicine Physicians and Residents
Jointly sponsored by the Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and Charlotte AHEC.
The event will honor Dr. Tom Bouldin for his many years of service as Director of the Pathology Residency Program at UNC. The keynote speaker is Dr. Chad A. Livasy from Carolinas Pathology Group in Charlotte,who will present the 11th annual Walter R. Benson Lecture on diagnostic dilemmas in breast pathology. Dr. Livasy has a unique perspective based on extensive experience with diagnostic breast pathology in both an academic and community practice setting,as well as extensive involvement in cutting edge clinical and translational breast cancer research. Dr. Livasy and all of the other speakers trained at UNC while Tom Bouldin was Residency Program Director. All of the topics are designed to update the participants on important developments in diagnostic pathology in a wide range of practice areas. Ample time will be provided for discussion and personal interaction between the faculty and attendees.
All attendees are cordially invited to attend a dinner Saturday evening at The Carolina Inn. This will be an opportunity for meeting new colleagues and renewing long-standing relationships. We also will take this opportunity to thank Dr. Bouldin for his contributions to the careers of many residents over the years. If you will be able to join us for dinner, please make sure you note that on your registration form.
* Identify and avoid diagnostic mistakes when evaluating biopsy specimens with breast cancer, skin cancer, pediatric renal neoplasms, and adipose neoplasms.
* Identify and avoid diagnostic mistakes when evaluating cytology specimens of renal cancer and lung cancer.
* Evaluate pathologic processes in biopsy specimens from many different tissues, including skin, liver, breast, ovaries, and uterus.
* Analyze the diagnostic value of new molecular and genetic tests.
If you plan to attend the Dinner in Honor of Tom Bouldin, please download the brochure and fax in your registration to 704.512.6561.
- Christie C Voelker, MS, 704-512-7542
May 4, 2013
8:00 AM - 4:30 PM
|OpenPractical Updates in Surgical Pathology and Cytopathology|