- Status Open
- Date(s) May 6, 2013
- Time8:30 AM - 4:00 PM
- Location Providence Presbyterian Church
- Registration is Closed
- $179.00 Registration (After April 26); Breakfast & Lunch provided
- 4.50IBLCE L CERPs
- 6.00CNE Contact Hours
- 1.25IBLCE E CERPs
Mother's Special Gift Conference 2013: Guiding Successful Breastfeeding
*Registration payment includes Credit Cards and Interfund Transfers ONLY.
Nurses, lactation consultants, nutritionists, nurse practitioners, physicians, midwives, health educators, breast feeding support persons
**Location** Providence Presbyterian Church, Charlotte, NC
Spend the day with internationally known breastfeeding expert...
...Paula Meier, PhD, RN, FAAN!
Our speaker for the day currently serves as the director for clinical research and lactation in the neonatal intensive care unit and as professor of women, children and family nursing and a professor of pediatrics at Rush University Medical Center in Chicago. She has worked as a practitioner and researcher in the area of human milk, lactation and breastfeeding for premature infants and their mothers since 1975.
Dr. Meier has conducted numerous externally-funded research and demonstration projects, and currently serves as the principal investigator for a 5-year, $2.76 million, NIH-funded study, "Health Outcomes and Cost of Human Milk Feedings for Very Low Birthweight Infants." She has published over 70 peer-reviewed manuscripts, and serves as president of the International Society for Research in Human Milk and Lactation and of the Health Advisory Council for LaLeche League, International.
Conference topics will include:
* New and exciting updates and practice application about the scientific aspects of human milk
* New evidence about the composition and mechanisms of protection of human colostrum
* Evidence and talking points to support the Joint Commission Core Measure for exclusive breastfeeding during the maternity hospitalization, including the importance of the uniquely human infant sucking pattern, and the avoidance of routine pacifier and bottle use.
* Identification and management of growth-related problems in human milk-fed premature infants
* Hospital-based breastfeeding peer counselors and lactation support in the NICU (including the Rush Mothers' Milk Club model of care)
Continuing Nursing Education contact hours will be awarded.
CERPs allocated by IBCLE; IBCLE Approval Number C1333836 (4.5 L-CERPs; 1.25 E-CERPs)
- Sophia Moore-Dennis, 704-512-6537
May 6, 2013
8:30 AM - 4:00 PM
|OpenMother's Special Gift 2013|