- Status Open
- Date(s) May 2 - 3, 2013
- Location Moses H Cone Memorial Hospital
- RoomRoom 0030
- Registration is Closed
- $330.00 Registration (After April 11); Breakfast & Lunch provided
Association for Nursing Professional Development (ANPD): Nursing Professional Development Certification Preparation Course
*Registration payment includes Credit Cards and Interfund Transfers ONLY.
RNs who want to prepare for the certification exam for Nursing Professional Development; Nurses who are new to staff development/educator role; those who might be changing functions within their education department; and/or practicing educators looking for a continuing education opportunity.
**This conference is co-sponsored by Greensboro AHEC, Charlotte AHEC and Southern Regional AHEC
This two-day Certification Preparation Course will prepare participants for the American Nurses Credentialing Center ANCC) generalist certification examination in nursing professional development. This course includes an extensive review of the staff development curriculum and a practice exam. This course is a good foundation course for those new to staff development in addition to those wishing to sit for the certification examination.
Please visit American Nurses Credentialing Center’s website for more details about the eligibility criteria, exam fee, application, etc. for the Nursing Professional Development Certification
Moses Cone Hospital, 1200 N. Elm Street, Greensboro, NC 27401. Room 0030
Click Here to view a list of hotels in Greensboro, NC.
Mary Holtschneider, MPA, BSN, RN-BC, NREMT-P
Healthcare Simulation Educator, U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, Durham VA Medical Center. Mary is board certified in nursing professional Development.
16.0 CNE Contact Hours will be awarded to participants who attend 100% of this activity.
THE ANPD Certification Preparation Course has been approved for 16 contact hours by the Georgia Nurses Association, which is accredited as an approver of continuing education in nursing by the American Nurses Credentialing Center Commission on Education.
- -Explore the knowledge and strategies needed to successfully prepare for the certification exam for Nursing Professional Development.
- -Review the foundations of practice for Nursing Professional Development.
- -Identify the steps and key elements in the educational process.
- -Compare and contrast the various roles of the Nursing Professional Development practitioner.
- -Discuss critical elements for managing educational activities.
- -Develop a personalized plan for continued preparation by completing/reviewing results from a practice test.
- Sophia Moore-Dennis, 704-512-6537
May 2 -
8:00 AM - 5:30 PM
|OpenAssociation for Nursing Professional Development: Nursing Professional Development Certification Preparation Course|